22 One Year scholarships . Convitto Nazionale P. Diacono. Cividale del Friuli
Competition announcement for 22 One Year scholarships (or one semester), which entitles students to attend high school courses at the High Schools of the Convitto Nazionale or other Schools in the Province of Udine, reserved to:
offsprings or descendants of expats from
the Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia
in the framework of the project “STUDIARE IN FRIULI”
Competition for the Academic Year 2019-2020
Deadline 24 April 2019
Please see the website www.cnpd.it
CONVITTO NAZIONALE “PAOLO DIACONO”
POLO SCOLASTICO PER LE RELAZIONI INTERNAZIONALI
Piazzetta Chiarottini, 8 33043 CIVIDALE DEL FRIULI (Udine) Italia
Tel. (0432) 731116 – Fax (0432) 702686 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Istituti Superiori annessi : Liceo Scientifico – Liceo Classico- Liceo delle Scienze Umane –Liceo Linguistico
Istituti Superiori collegati: Istituto Tecnico Agrario- Istituto Tecnico Commerciale – Istituto Professionale di Stato
The Convitto Nazionale “Paolo Diacono” (National Boarding School “Paolo Diacono”) awards 22 Scholarships for the Academic Year 2019/2020 which award the successful applicants with a stay at the Convitto and attendance of classes either in the schools situated within the Convitto or in the external schools managed by the Convitto.
To this aim, the competition is reserved to the descendants of expats coming from the region Friuli Venezia Giulia but currently living abroad, in any other country of the world, compatibly with the national school legislation of each country, and taking into account of the ongoing study programme (for further information please see the specific links on the website www.cnpd.it).
This competition is made possible by the Convention between the Convitto Nazionale “Paolo Diacono” and the Ente Friuli nel Mondo, and with the contribution of other public and private entities (among which: Fondazione Friuli, Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia, Comune di Cividale del Friuli, CiviBank), which develop a collaboration aimed at granting a period of study in Italian Educational Institutes to the offsprings and descendants of Friuli Venezia Giulia expats living abroad.
The students will have the chance to improve their educational formation by attending regular school courses in the land of origin of their ancestors, and to enrich their culture background by improving their knowledge of the Italian and Friulan language and culture, as well as other native languages and cultures currently found in the Friuli territory.
The Convitto possesses the required education structur and accommodation facilities (see www.cnpd.it) to actively realise this initiative in conjunction with the facilities offered by the schools like Liceo Classico, Liceo Scientifico, Liceo delle Scienze Umane, Liceo Linguistico and other associated Technical and Professional Schools.
For the Convitto Nazionale “Paolo Diacono”, this competition aims to give the applicants an educational experience characterised by internationality, multiculturalism. Moreover it is an exposure to different local languages and to form new generations through an educational path which points at enhancing different local realities while retaining specific identities. This is a momentous educational goal in order to build the future citizens of Europe and the world.
- HIGH SCHOOL COURSES AND PLACES AVAILABLE AT THE CONVITTO NAZIONALE
The successful applicants can choose from the following high schools streams:
- Humanities and science Schools (Scientific High School, ClassicalStudies High School, Human Sciences School and LanguagesHigh School)
- Technical Schools(Technical Agricultural School, Technical Commercial School, Technical Industrial School)
- Professionals Schools(Mechanics, Electronics, Electrics and Optics School, Technical Woodworking School and Interior -Furniture- Design School)
The amount of scholarships may vary, according to 1) accommodation availability (the Convitto reserving the right to increase the amount of scholarships awarded) and 2) the availability of funds assigned during the selection process and formally assigned.
- APPLICANTS’PREREQUISITES AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
This Scholarships competition is reserved for the offsprings and descendants of expats originating from the Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, living abroad in any country of the world. In order to demonstrate such status, the applicants must present the necessary documentation.
Moreover, the applicants, aged between 15-17 (please note that the students have to be 15 years of age by August 2019 and should not have turned 18 years of age by June 2020), must posses basic knowledge of the Italian language, with foundation comprehension skills and the ability to communicate essential information about themselves and others.
The students cannot be selected to participate in the project: the young descendants of Friuli Venezia Giulia’s family living abroad who have kinship and affinity relationships with the members of this Convitto statutory bodies up to the second degree and more specifically with the physical persons who cover institutional positions and managerial-decisional positions.
The scholarship applications will be processed and discussed by a specific Panel, composed of teachers and educators, which will take place after a careful analysis of the documentation listed below, which must be attached to the complete application;
- Educational Curriculum
- Academic Transcripts of the last 2 years
- Detailed description of the type of school and course of study attended in the native country
- Italian Language Level Certificate
- Letter of presentation (signed by parents), in which the applicant describes his/her motivations to take part in the project and agrees to abide the rules of the Convitto, and by the modalities contained in the Scholarship Competition Announcement.
- Personal questionnaire of the student, fully completed (which it can be downloaded from the Convitto’s official website)
An appropriate ranking will be determined by the order of school merit, geographic area of origin, family situation and income, will be published for the assignment of the Scholarships.
All final decisions will be taken at the incontestable discretion of the Selection Panel.
Moreover, the Rector,Headmaster of the Convitto, has the final say concerning the definitive admission of the applicants.
The successful student, at the moment of his/her first arrival at the Convitto (from 10 to 15 September or from 7 to 15 January), will meet the teachers and educators of the Scholarship Selection Panel, who will confirm the previous deliberations, which will be sent to the Class Council which the student will enroll.
PLEASE NOTE It is essential that the applicant combines interest and study commitment withopenness to participate in the common life, acceptance of school rules, tolerance and understanding of different opinions and attitudes. Moreover, considering the distance from familiar environment and the effort required by the school programme,the applicant must be able to behave in a controlled and appropriate way and be in good physical and mental health. Any medical issue of particular importance must be duly, thoroughly and pre-emptively communicated.
- HOSPITALITY AND SCHOOL ATTENDANCE WITHIN THE CONVITTO
The first arrival at the Convitto must occur between 10 to 15 September for the annual enrolment, and between 7 to 15 January for semestral enrolment, with the exception of valid and duly documented motivations.
- Upon arrival in the Convitto, the students, already selected by the Selection Panel, will be immediately included into the most similar school and class attended in their native countries. In the evenings, after regular school classes, an intensive italian language course will be activated in order to improve the knowledge and skills required to gain a better understanding of the school subjects. This course will be offered to those students arriving in September for the full academic year as well as to those arriving in January for one semester.
- The final inclusion in the classes will be approved by the Integrated Collegium of Teachersof the individual school institutes, taking into the assessment account expressed and the selection parameters previously adopted by the Selection Panel of teachers and educators.
- Furthermore, every student will be included in a “boarding school group” and will be followed by the group educator for what concerns educational aspects, and by a teaching tutor for what concerns school subjects. Meetings and exchanges of information between the group educator and the teaching tutor will be determined to help the student to finalise his/her study experience at best.
- After the first two months, the same Selection Panel will assess the didactic, educational and disciplinary tendency of the students and will deliberate on the continuity of their stay in Friuli.
- The inclusion period in the classes is provisional for the first 3 weeks. After this period of time, the inclusion will be considered definitive and it will not be possible to be transferred to another institute.
- Unless stated otherwise in the attended school programmes, it is preferable that the students attend Schools within the Cividale district.
- The students may be lodged in rooms with one, two, three or four roommates.
- OBLIGATIONS OF THE CONVITTO TOWARDS THE SUCCESSFUL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS
For the students hospitality within its facilities, the Convitto takes on:
- the costs of board and lodging during the period of school attendance and exams;
- the costs of laundry and ironing service during the period of stay in the school;
- the costs of school fees and other administrative expenses;
- the costs of school books;
- health assistance, limited to the purchase of medicals of common prescription and to the operations of the school doctor; hospital health assistance will occur under the appropriate health insurance policy;
- the costs stemming from the hospitality programme;
- the costs originating from cultural initiatives organised in the Friuli Venezia Giulia territory, within the limits of the scholarship;
- the costs of the expenses of recreational activities organised within the institute.
Any other costs for teaching assistance, for leisure or recreational activities or for particular medical operations (for example dentist care) are excluded from the abovementioned and remain at the expenses of the families.
- COSTS TO BE COVERED BY THE FAMILIES AND FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS:
- Travel expenses to and from the Convitto are to be paid by the participants’ families;
- Stationary expenses;
- Travel insurance (students must be covered by travel insurance);
- School Excursion expenses;
- Additional individual expenses;
- In case of damage to the Institute or schools, the Convitto reserves the right to ask the families for a refund of the expenses incurred.
7. REVOCATION OR FORFEITURE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Rector, School Headmaster, after hearing the opinion of the competent bodies (teachers and educators of the Scholarship Selection Panel, Contact educators and Class Council), can revoke the right to stay in the Convitto anytime, in case of:
- irregular attendance of school classes, unless duly justified;
- inconsistent school commitment and low school grades;
- disobedience of Convitto rules, grave disciplinary misconduct, inappropriate behaviours incompatible with community life
- health problems (i.e. special visits and care required)
- leaving the Convitto without permission
8. APPLICATION FORMS
The Scholarship applications forms and the related documentation must be sent as a Pdf format including the signature of the parents or carers
by 24 April 2019
CONVITTO NAZIONALE “PAOLO DIACONO”
Piazzetta Chiarottini, 8 33043 CIVIDALE DEL FRIULI
to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form, which is available from the Convitto’s web site www.cnpd.it, must be submitted via email and must include all of the required documentation. Failure to comply will result in the exclusion of the application from the selection process.
If shall the required documentation not be completed, the Selection Panel reserves the right to reject the application or to ask the applicant to send the missing documents.
Documentation to be attached to the application file in order to participate in the project:
A) ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENTATION
- DECLARATIONfrom which emerges the descendant from a Friulian expat living abroad;
- DECLARATIONfrom which emerges the economic situation of the family unit;
- PRECISE ADDRESS OF THE FAMILY (street, zip code, town, city, country, phone number, email address)
- PHOTOCOPY OF THE PASSPORT or another document with all personal details
B) SCHOOL DOCUMENTATION
- APPLICATION OF ENROLMENTin the School and the Convitto through the attached form
- CERTIFICATEOF SCHOOL ATTENDANCEof the last two years, which includes and clearly states: a list of the school subjects studied and the school reports with a grade point average of all subjects studied. Moreover, a detailed presentation of attended school and main subjects must be attached.
- CERTIFICATION stating of Italian language level.
- PRESENTATION LETTER of the applicant, in which the motivations underlying of the application should be clearly stated and the applicant declares that he/she will commit to respect the community rules of the Convitto and the modalities included in the Scholarship Competition Announcement. The letter must be signed by parents or carers. Homeaddress, phone number and email address must be clearly and precisely stated In this letter.
- PERSONAL QUESTIONNAIREfilled in by the applicant. It can be downloaded from the Convitto website.
- PRESENTATION LETTER ABOUT THE STUDENT FROM THE HEADMASTER OF THE ORIGINAL SCHOOL
- OPTIONAL PRESENTATION VIDEO BY THE APPLICANT (not longer than 3 minutes)
Such documentation must be supplied with suitable translations in Italian or English
- MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION
- MEDICAL CERTIFICATEstating the mental and physical suitability of the applicant to participate in the Convitto community life
- CERTIFICATEof the mandatory vaccinations
Documentation to be presented upon arrival to the Convitto:
- VALID ENTRY VISAfor study reasons in order to obtain the residency permit
- CERTIFICATE STATING OF THE STUDY PROGRAMME TO BE ATTENDED, APPROVED BY THE ITALIAN CONSULAR DIPLOMATIC REPRESENTATIONat the time of issue of the entry visa;
- CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE AND CITIZENSHIP(simple paper)
- MEDICAL REPORT OF PAST AND PRESENT ILLNESSES (need to list all the infectious diseases the applicant has had and at what age, as well as any other medical conditions, operations and ALLERGIES)
- Eight (8) PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOGRAPHIES WITH WHITE BACKGROUND
- REQUESTS FOR AUTHORISATION (DULY SIGNED) TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE INSTITUTE(according to the forms attached to the letter of acceptance)
- ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS of relatives and friends who will be hosting the student in Italy
- APPLICATION FORM DULY SIGNED BY PARENTS OR CARERS
The Convitto reserves the right to ask further medical documents to ascertain the existence of the necessary requirements for the participation in the Competition in order to finally be granted a Scholarship.
The Institute reserves the right to conduct controls on the truthfulness of the given declarations.
- ATTACHMENTS TO BE CAREFULLY READ
- Internal Rules of the boarding School (see website)
- Personal Questionnaire (see website)
- Flyer of the Convitto Nazionale and its structures